Centenary of the
Stone Cross War Memorial
The Stone Cross War Memorial in St Mary’s Priory Churchyard was Dedicated on May 2nd 1920, at the time listing the 47 Fallen from WWI.
Due to Covid-19 we could not mark the Centenary in 2020 but we did lay a Laurel Wreath (as would have been used in 1920) on the Memorial as a belated marking of the Centenary and in Memory of the Fallen from Tutbury and the surrounding area (a number were from north of the river in what is now Hatton).
The Wreath was moved to the Wreath Holders a week later
The Wreath was generously made and donated by Lilies florists in Tutbury, for which we are very grateful.
“Greater Love Hath No Man Than This That A Man Lay Down His Life For His Friends”